Can I get a tax extension from IRS?                                                        DUE DATES

Yes, you can get an extension of time from the IRS to file your tax return.

You can get an automatic six-month tax extension for filing Form 1040, Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ by filing Form 4868,
Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return on or before April 15th. By filing the extension tax form, you avoid the late filing tax penalty. However, Form 4868 does not extend the time to pay your tax. You must pay the amount of the tax estimated to be due for the tax year. Interest will be charged on unpaid tax from the original due date of the tax return.

You should send your extension tax form to the IRS Service Center where you file your tax return.

You can also request to pay any IRS tax due in Installment Payments.

No late-payment tax penalties will be imposed if the total tax paid (through tax withholding, estimated tax payments, or the amount accompanying Form 4868) equals at least 90% of the total tax due and the remaining unpaid balance of tax is paid with the tax return before the end of the tax extension period.

If you are unable to pay the tax due and doing so would result in a severe hardship you can apply for a special tax payment extension on Form 1127.

I'll be overseas on April 15th
Special IRS tax rules apply to U.S. citizens and residents who are not in the United States on April 15th. For more information, refer to IRS Publication 54, 
Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad.

You are allowed an automatic 2-month tax extension (until June 15th, if you use a calendar tax year) to file your tax return and pay any tax that is due if you are a U.S. Citizen or resident and on the regular due date (April 15th, if you use a calendar tax year):


You are living outside of the United States and Puerto Rico, and your main place of business or post of duty is outside the United States and Puerto Rico, or


You are in the military or naval service on duty outside the United States and Puerto Rico.

In such instances, you will have an additional two months to file your tax return and pay any tax that is due, but interest will be charged from the original due date of the tax return on any unpaid tax. You must attach a statement to your tax return, showing that you met the requirements.

Vacationing is a temporary status that does not meet the criteria for the automatic 2-month tax extension.

An extension of time to file your tax return is not valid if it does not show an accurate estimate of your tax liability - based upon all the facts and information that you have at the time that you filed the tax extension. If your estimate of tax is later found by the IRS to be "improper" your tax extension will be revoked and you'll be subject to tax penalties for failure to file your tax return.

 Home | Personal Tax | Business Tax | Payroll | Other Services | Contact us

We all know that in fake watches the present world, many people will be uk replica watches late, and for a man who will wear a replica watches watch, the watch will play a reminder of swiss replica watches the role. If you are a businessman, or you are a sales staff, a watch is really your good supervisor, but also your expression of the time, so that as a 30 + man, you can not wear a suit every day, You can not play a tie every day, but your hands must have a highlight of their own taste and quality of the watch!